A checklist for buying ASX Listed Investment Companies (LICs)
A list of 10 factors to check as a guide when to buy, scroll down for further explanations on each.
1) Discount / Premium to NTA
2) Management Expenses and ALL other costs
3) Performance Track Record
4) Investment Style
5) Alignment of management’s interest with shareholders
6) Ownership Structure
7) Investment Management Agreement (IMA)
8) Size of the LIC
9) Future Dividend Capacity
10) Marketing / Reporting of the LIC
When I look back at my investing mistakes, one common theme is rushing into a new purchase. I find I have usually done better when a number of months pass until I begin accumulating a position in a new idea.
When investing in LICs I try to make sure I have considered numerous factors first. That helps me avoid getting itchy fingers and hitting the buy button quickly. Continue reading “LIC Investing – 10 factors to check before buying.”